
August 2007.
Priya and I left Kanchipuram after the bhikshavandanam, for Tiruvannamalai. It had rained very heavily in the past few weeks, and many roads were damaged or were full of potholes. We had just crossed Vandavasi, and suddenly realized that there was no road ahead. A small culvert that existsed had caved in, and thus the road had a pretty big gap.
We waited alongside for a while wondering what to do; were also thinking of turning back and get to Tiruvannamalai via Tindivanam, which meant we had to drive back past Kanchi. At that time, a bus passed us, and the driver nonchalantly turned left, off the road, drove into the field and then got back on to the other side of the crevice of the road. Wow, that was really something. If I had to reach Tiruvannamalai, I too had to do the same. And that's exactly what I did. The car skid on the wet clay on the field, and got to the other side of the crevice; just that our hearts skipped a few beats. Fortunately the car did not get stuck!!
The roads thereafter were better, though they were narrow. We reached Tiruvannamalai after passing Polur. I had booked a room at Ramanasramam. We settled down, and after dinner at the Ashram, I decided to do the Girivalam.
All through the 14 kilometers around the Arunachala Hill, it either rained ahead of me, or was raining behind me. I was walking on wet roads, and at many places wading through the rain water flowing on the roads. But it never rained on me. I was amazed!!
Priya, who was in the room at the Ashram, was extremely worried as I didnt carry an umbrella with me. She just hoped I took shelter at one of the temples along the walkway as it was pouring cats and dogs. When I returned after the girivalam, in the usual 3.5 hours time, she was stunned to see me, more so because I was bone dry. This was a miracle.
Each one of us who visit Tiruvannamalai have atleast one experience. Some are able to take cognizance of it, while some do not.
In my case, this was the best experience.
Priya and I left Kanchipuram after the bhikshavandanam, for Tiruvannamalai. It had rained very heavily in the past few weeks, and many roads were damaged or were full of potholes. We had just crossed Vandavasi, and suddenly realized that there was no road ahead. A small culvert that existsed had caved in, and thus the road had a pretty big gap.
We waited alongside for a while wondering what to do; were also thinking of turning back and get to Tiruvannamalai via Tindivanam, which meant we had to drive back past Kanchi. At that time, a bus passed us, and the driver nonchalantly turned left, off the road, drove into the field and then got back on to the other side of the crevice of the road. Wow, that was really something. If I had to reach Tiruvannamalai, I too had to do the same. And that's exactly what I did. The car skid on the wet clay on the field, and got to the other side of the crevice; just that our hearts skipped a few beats. Fortunately the car did not get stuck!!
The roads thereafter were better, though they were narrow. We reached Tiruvannamalai after passing Polur. I had booked a room at Ramanasramam. We settled down, and after dinner at the Ashram, I decided to do the Girivalam.
All through the 14 kilometers around the Arunachala Hill, it either rained ahead of me, or was raining behind me. I was walking on wet roads, and at many places wading through the rain water flowing on the roads. But it never rained on me. I was amazed!!
Priya, who was in the room at the Ashram, was extremely worried as I didnt carry an umbrella with me. She just hoped I took shelter at one of the temples along the walkway as it was pouring cats and dogs. When I returned after the girivalam, in the usual 3.5 hours time, she was stunned to see me, more so because I was bone dry. This was a miracle.
Each one of us who visit Tiruvannamalai have atleast one experience. Some are able to take cognizance of it, while some do not.
In my case, this was the best experience.
3 comments:
what a divine experience! you were meant to do girivalam... would love to publish this at my blog at arunachalacafe.com
Wow!!! Great experience.. It happens for me most of time when I go for some divine drive.
Hari
Arun, i would be interested in publishing this article on ArunachalaBliss.com. please contact me through my blog if you are interested.
Post a Comment